You might be amazed how much putting one foot in front of the other can do for your body! Check out these health benefits of walking.
Imagine if there was an easy, free way to transform your health. There is – and it might just surprise you! There is a wide range of health benefits of walking, but they’re often overlooked because walking seems too simple. Could putting one foot in front of the other really help your health? Absolutely. Here are just a few of the ways walking can help you step into a healthier body.
- It lowers your risk of disease. People who walk regularly cut their risk of type 2 diabetes by 60 percent! Walking can also help you slash your risk for colon and breast cancer by 20 percent.
- It helps your heart. We all know that cardiovascular activity is important for a healthy heart, but did you know walking counts as cardio? According to the Stroke Association, 30 minutes of brisk walking reduce your risk of stroke-causing high blood pressure by 27 percent.
- It supports your mind. Try to get in at least six miles of walking each week, and you’ll reduce the likelihood of brain shrinkage and memory loss.
- It boosts your energy. A brisk walk will help oxygenated blood circulate through your body, which makes you feel more energized.
- It makes you happy. Not only will the added dose of vitamin D you’ll get from being outside help you stay physically healthy, walking can help you stay mentally healthy, too. Exercise releases endorphins, which reduce stress, anxiety, and even depression!
Free yourself up for more walks; let the pros handle your personal and commercial insurance needs. Contact NorthStar Risk Management & Insurance Services, Inc. in Walnut Creek, California to put a team of coverage experts behind you!